Yesterday afternoon I went through my curriculum that I saved when I worked in child care. I started out in the 1yr old room. Every month Teachers would get new curriculum and most would toss the old. Not me! I'm glad now I saved it!
To help keep us on track I want to post in here weekly if not bi-weekly and share what we do weekly. I will be taking some ideas from a curriculum from High Reach Learning. (http://www.highreach.com/ ) As well as adding things of my own based on our own schedule.
I wanted to warm up to this slowly as I plan on starting more structure in the fall so since I'm beginning this mid month I will take this into the first week of August. Let me explain my system. I skip Monday's for now because after a weekend of church and outings, I don't know about you and yours, but my house is usually a mess on Monday mornings so not that we won't be doing things like nature walks, or reading books, but we won't be tackling any major projects on this day. And for now I plan on keeping Friday's open. Free day for everyone! Momma included!
Stay Tuned.
Here's a basic day to day schedule followed by the curriculum we will add in.
8am-9am: Wake up, eat breakfast, get dressed, go for a walk
Read book for this month.
9:30-10am: Free play, Sesame St. Clean up from breakfast
10:00-10:45: Play with Elle-girl and practice a skill, Outside play
10:54-11:15: Prepare lunch
11:15-11:30: Lunch
11:30: Nap time
She usually takes an hour and 1/2 nap, I never let it go past 2hrs
1:30: Juice and a snack
1:30-2pm: Free play, clean up laundry, dishes etc.
2:00pm-2:30 play with Elle-girl, practice a skill
2:30-3p: Take a walk,, play outside, Gross Motor play
3:00pm-4pm: free play, quiet play, books, etc.
4:00pm- Quick clean up before David gets home
5:00pm : Supper
Really the evenings are fairly unscheduled. Sometimes its church, or Park meetings, sometimes its tv and cuddle time with daddy for Elle-girl. Other times depending on the weather we all take a walk outside.
But! by 7:30
7:30: bathtime
8:oopm: Bedtime
Theme: Summer Vacation, take a trip!
Color: Blue
Rhymes: Twinkle little star, Sunscreen
New Words introduced: suitcase
Puppet: Pineapple
July 22nd
Tuesday:
Play with Peggy Pineapple
Song: I see the Moon
Pineapple for snack
July 23rd
Wednesday:
Peggy pineapple
I see the moon
Twinkle little star poem
Color star cut out with blue marker
July 24th
Thursday:
Peggy Pineapple
I see the Moon
Twinkle Little star poem
Follow star cut outs



1 comment:
That's a great schedule. I am hoping to set-up a schedule/curriculum for Grace for her 2nd year. I just wasn't that on top of things for the first year. I love the repetition throughout the week and the focus on certain words, colors, etc.
Post a Comment