July 26, 2008

Vacation Bible School, Power Lab


Last night finished a week of Vacation Bible School that went by too fast! Our church presented Power Lab this year. This program approached learning about how Jesus gives us the
Power to:
Be thankful, help others, be brave, to live forever, and to tell others about God.
Whenever a new point was introduced during the week it was followed by an enthusiastic "AHA!" Which the kids pick up on real quickly, and are quick to remind an adult should they forget to say it following the verse.

The setting was a laboratory and the characters, helpers and leaders were Professors, Scientists and Lab Leaders.
Each night a super cute character represented the bible point for the night.
This one happened to be my favorite! His name is Dewd. (He's a dew drop) and he reminds the kids that 'Jesus gives us the Power to be brave! Aha!"

I had the opportunity to play the role Professor Wilma each night. She's a mislead wacky Scientist that has a lot to learn about Jesus and what he can do. I helped open the show each night, then the best part was I got to go to each rotation with the children and learn what they were learning and see them learn as well.

Let me tell you, I had the best time this week! I had more time than I thought I would honestly. All of the kids were so well behaved! Even your regular offenders were captivated by Power Lab and you could really see God's hand over the whole week!

Some of my favorite highlights were these:
  • A small outcast of a girl, who typically gets chosen last, jump up and down screaming "We did it!, We did it!" After winning 1st place in a Hyper speed game.
  • A six year old boy understanding for the 1st time how Jesus takes our sins away, in Bible Blast.
  • A Pre-teen boy, sharing something that troubles him, with me, which included the death of his brother, during a Cinema Science activity.
  • A little boy named Jhonte giving me a big hug on the last night telling me 'God loves you Lab buddy. (Which was our own personal nicknames for each other during the week)

Imagine, those were just the highlights, there were many, many, more memories very similar to those this week at Power Lab.






1 comment:

Casey said...

We so did this one too a few weeks ago! Good stuff. I still find myself singing some of the songs.

Casey