September 25, 2008

This one's for you

For Living in a 'Military town' I often get asked "So, what Unit is your husband in?"
In which I reply 'No I'm not a Military wife."
This is for those of you who are....
I‘ve gotta to give to It to Military Wives, I’d really like to give it to some military wives, you know the ones that are whispered about in certain circles? The ones that squander their husbands money by the time he gets back from his 1 year tour? The ones that marriages end in a horribly nasty divorce, and no one involved is left the better for it?
I’m not talking about those Military Wives, I’m talking about the ones that are up at 2 am with the baby, 6am fixing lunches for the school-ager, home all day with the toddler, counseling the teenager, then pulling it together for homework, dinner bath time, and bedtime, all by themselves!
Those are the women I’m talking about it.
I’m talking about the unspoken hero.
The soft spoken hero.
The one raising up the Gentlemen and future leaders of our country.
The one nurturing the crying,
Mending the broken (toy)
Listening to the this one
Laughing at the other one
While not always having someone there to do the same for them.
These wives, the true Military wives have a purple heart of Royalty.
They are the Queen’s of their domain and Princesses in the hearts of their Husbands.
Who knows fear like a Soldiers wife?
Who knows courage like a Soldiers wife?
Who knows how to stitch the whole family together with a fine needle and thread like the hands of a mother, a lover, a Soldiers Wife?
God bless these women as you bless our country and ALL that serve in it.
by: Beth Britton
Feel free to pass this on to a Military wife you know, just be sure to attach my name to it, and a link back here. Thank you!