October 9, 2008

Autumn Leaves


Autumn Leaves

By Gail Saunders


I just love this simple little book. I first checked this book out for my Preschool class back in 2006. We read it over and over and over again all day long. In fact David and I still quote little Margeret in my class as she "read" it along with me

"Red Leeebes (Leaves)

Gold Leebes

Brown Leebes...

Dead Leeeeebes."

I've been on the waiting list for 2weeks at our library for this book and was excited when I got the call this week that this book was finally waiting for me!


This book takes you through the changing of the leaves from green to brown to no leaves to Winter. Each page has a real to life photograph (which I love in children's books) and easy to read sentences that keeps the attention of a baby, easy enough for a toddler to memorize and simple enough for a young reader to read on their own.


Other titles in this series that are on my list next time I go to the library are

Warm Clothes

Animals in the Fall

Fall Harvest

No comments: