October 23, 2008

Showing compassion for God's smallest creatures

This morning while I was stirring around in the kitchen, starting the coffee and greasing the muffin pan for breakfast I could hear Elle-Girl just around the corner in the living exclaiming with great concern
"Awwww, Oh, uh-oh, Awwww,awwwww."
It was only a few seconds later she toddles into the kitchen with her tiny hands cupped together and a most serious look on her face
"Awwwww.....Seee?"
A bit of fear washed over me as I hesitantly asked
"Whatcha got?"
She toddled a few steps closer where I could see her hands
"Awww....see?"
Flipping back and forth in her tiny hands was a wounded/stunned hornet!
Why on earth it didn't sting her I do not know, but I am so thankful it didn't.
I quickly picked him up by the wing and explained that a bath in the sink would make him feel all better as I tossed him into the sink and washed him down the drain.
Thankfully that explanation was enough for our tiny Nurse!

No comments: