I'm not sure if it was the hours of watching 'America's Next Top Model, and 'What not to Wear', while I was pregnant, or if it was the all insanely cute clothes available for little girls, that Elle-Girl got dressed up in as a baby, but my girl LOVES fashion, clothes and dressing up!
I've struggled a bit with this, because I want her to not feel like looks are important, and its what's on the inside that matters, and clothes do not make the person, etc. But I can't deny that when there are clothes within reach she wants to tuck them under her chin and parade around the house, or match up shoes from beside the door and clomp around in the kitchen because of the neat noise it makes, and I must point out, that the shoes must match, and she tosses around tennis shoes, work boots and slippers until she finds two that match or at least look similar! She is also my "go" girl, she is ready to go out any time and loves to go to the stores and look at everything. May I point out that at 5mths she attended an all day shopping spree at Green Hills Mall with Women in David's family, and never let out a peep, and did quite well at the Black Friday shopping event, as well as the after Christmas one.
Recently David and I were talking about family dynamics and how we want to make sure to be supportive of our children's interests even if we don't understand them. I must admit Fashion and clothes are one thing I'm also totally interested in. Especially a good hat. I have taken great pains though not to watch fashion shows or news while Elle-Girl is in the room as to not put those images of "perfect" models in her head.
I should be proud of her self confidence though, because she defiantly has it. At play groups she never feels the need to follow the crowd, and doesn't seem to let other's actions really bother her. She's content doing her own thing and being her own little person.
With that being said:
Last night my living room was transformed into a fashion runway when Elle-Girl found my Italian 'Petite Sophisticate' high heel shoes. I don't typically wear these shoes because I must admit I bought them when the store was closing and I thought they were the most beautiful pair of heels, and I didn't consider that I had nothing that would match this pale pink. So they usually stay tucked away in the shoes hanger. I took them out yesterday morning thinking I would wear them to my Dr.'s appointment but as always opted out at the last moment. However, when Elle-Girl came across this treasure, she like her mommy, couldn't resist them!
She did really well walking in her first pair of heels, and soon felt that she needed something to wear with them. So she went to her room and box of dress up clothes and came out wearing a red felt hat, and a black and white spotted scarf tucked into the front of her pink polka-dot night gown. She did this little walk I am sure I had never seen before, back and forth in front of the couch. She would walk down to one end of the living room, turn and walk back to the other end.
Apparently it was a non-paparazzi event because she would scream and yank off all the dress clothes if I tried to take a picture of her, so I just let myself be in the moment and enjoy my little girly-girl.
The model did grant one picture with her Mommy before calling it a night!




2 comments:
How cute! I must say I do love those shoes. Are they trimmed in black? Because if they are, you could wear them with a pair of black dress pants and a cute black top and it would make the shoes really pop. Very stylish :)
Yes! They are trimmed in black.
Great idea! Once the ice melts outside I might try it!~
Post a Comment