Walking is really no extraordinary task. We begin as young babies and continue to move forward in life with each step.
However, there is something very precious about those early steps. They are quick and short and are anxiously moving toward their destination.
Today was a beautiful day. The weather was unseasonably warm for a February day. This upcoming week is Valentine's Day week and I have some arts and crafts planned. So we went this morning to a few local craft stores. We ended our trip at the dollar store and after leaving the store I decided since it was so nice outside we would walk down the shopping complex to the pet store.
I have began to allow Elle-Girl to practice holding my hand and walking with me when we are out in public. For the most part she does fairly well. She even enjoys doing it at home. (We've been known to walk circles and circles around the sofa.)
So I decided we would try it this afternoon. I asked if she wanted to hold my hand and walk to see the dogs.
She nodded yes and slipped her little hand in mine. And there we were Mom and daughter walking hand in hand down the side walk, looking in the store windows and searching for our shadow.
6 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment