February 24, 2009

Why Can't Starbucks make house calls?

I'm beginning to think Elle is not a morning person.
She wakes ups whining and pouty and slinging things about. What is there to be cranky about? You're a toddler, all you have to do today is play, and....play!
This is typically how mornings begin:
She wants up, but only after you put her down first.
She wants juice, but only if you can balance her on your hip while you do it.
She tugs at her wet diaper but hates having it changed.
And don't try brushing her hair until after she's had her breakfast and t.v time.(that I can understand)
You get the idea.
This morning was one of those mornings. I began a headache start to creep in. I needed....something...I... needed....COFFEE!
We got this awesome French Press coffee maker for Christmas followed by a bag of Starbucks Coffee Beans. That does not help me this morning because I have yet to receive "training" from David on how to use our French Press, and we don't have a coffee bean grinder.
Out of desperation I pulled our old coffee maker down from the pantry, that we had promised to retire and use this efficient French Press instead. But this morning called for convience!
I got the machine ready and placed it back in its old home next to the microwave.
I grabbed the Foldgers decaf out of the fridge and realized we didn't have creamer!
I can do without sugar in my coffee but I must have cream!
We were out of milk, and I wasn't sure that chocolate Pediasure would be the flavor I wanted in my coffee.
I remembered that there was creamer in the Park office down stairs, and desperate times call for desperate measures.
Finally, the coffee was brewing and steaming and the house was filled with the comforting aroma of Folgers.
I think I'm going to make it a three cup morning!

No comments: