April 24, 2009

Big deals at library book sale!


Today our public library had a book sale and I made it a point to be there. A few years ago as a pre-school teacher I came across a sale there of this kind and never forgot about it. They had children's books, adults books, fiction, non-fiction, and instruction manuals, text books, etc. for so cheap they basically were giving them away!


This morning I got there a little after the doors opened and began my search. I was specifically looking for pre-K or child development text books to further educating my toddler for the next few years, because as many of you know curriculum can be expensive! I found that plus so much more! And I even became a member of the library's Friends group so that I would have a heads up and a day ahead start on their next book sales and library related events like workshops in writing and visiting authors.


So without delay here is what I scored:


  • Welcoming your second baby by Vicki Lansky

  • 50,001 best baby names book (for .25 cents , couldn't hurt)

  • They way they Learn: How to discover and teach your child's strengths By Cynthia Tobias

  • Getting to Know Nature's Children

Cougars/Eagles, Raccoons /Owls, Pelicans/Snakes (basically 6 books in 3)



  • Silver Burdett Science book (Pretty outdated, in that I'm sure I had this book as a child in school, but it had lots of neat science experiment ideas)

  • Calvert School reading Work pages work book (HUGE!)

  • Calvert School Math work book pages (Covers compare and contrast to Numbers 0-31, adding, subtracting, through counting with Money and everything in between, NEW BOOK!)

  • The Discipline Book: everything you need to know to have a better behaved child from birth to age 10 By: Dr. Sears. (He's one of my favorite go to guys when it comes to advice about children, "But Dr. Sears, what happens after age Ten!!!???")

GRAND TOTAL: FIVE DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!


Plus! While in the children's library I came across a "Free" box and found a large Felt board (Every Preschool teachers' dream) And a large bag of batting, that I plan on using for baby blankets/quilts.


I defiantly count this is a GOOD DAY!!!

1 comment:

Unsinkable Kristen said...

So jealous of your felt board!! And what great deals!!