
What I wanted to say this morning, in reply was:
That we let our two year old daughter sometimes sit up past her bedtime with a sippy cup of milk, nestled in her Daddy's arms and watch King of the Hill.
That I drank caffeine during my pregnancy.
And that even now, I enjoy a cuppa half/caf coffee while my baby nurses at my breast.
That I took the epidural...and liked it.
That my child has been known to watch more than the recommended 2hrs of television a day.
We soothe our babies to sleep to the sound of Classic Rock.
And they are introduced to Baby Einstein DVDs at an early age.
My daughter knows the appropriate names to her female anatomy.
She eats ridulously expensive gourmet chocolates
and I've given her birthday cake for breakfast
I wanted to tell her all of these things this morning in reply, but did not because what was the use? all mothers think that their way of Mothering is best.


6 comments:
Who were you replying to? And What were you replying to?
To another mom about really nothing of any importance at all.
If this is the "worst" (not my judgment, but it sounds like someone's) that your daughter is exposed to in her childhood...vs. crack-addicted parents, physical abuse, poverty and hunger...well, I'm fairly certain your kid will turn out just fine! ya know, it's the little things our kids remember fondly (nighttime cuddles w/ daddy, the occasional dessert for breakfast...I consider her a lucky girl, I'd give my left arm to be able to give my daughter birthday cake for breakfast and my right leg for my hubby to have a job where he's always home for those nighttime cuddles!). Some people just don't know crap...so keep on loving your girls as you do!
That's kinda how I see it as well. Thanks for beign able to read between the lines and see that everthing I listed was not an everyday thing but a sometimes thing.
Friend, I do almost everyone of those things, too!! Except the kids watch Dirty Jobs or Mythbusters or Man Vs. Wild with Dave - LOL.
Yeah we love those too. Those count as educational! ;)
The occational King of the Hill with David will stop as soon as Elenore begins to quote Dale.
Post a Comment