October 7, 2009

Homekeepers Journal

What I'm reading: Beyond the Household Cynthia A Kierner Women's Place in the Early South 1700's-1835



Around the house:This week I have introduced a 15 min. clean up with Elle-Girl. We make it a game to see how many toys we can clean up in 15min. (I help too) and we always finish waaay before the timer, but Elle still likes to keep going. The other day she continued to clean by organizing my shoe rack. Awesome!
With our marriage: It was around this time seven years ago that David and I went on our first date. We attended a tour of a historic cemetary with re-enactors portraying people from the town, then later that evening we went to a play on campus. David was attending college (the was the first time) and it was my freshman year as well. His excuse he told me was "I have to see this play for my theatre class, wanna go?" It all starts there folks!
The children: Both girls have colds, and so do I. I was thankful to learn that was all it was. It allowed me to sleep a little more soundly knowing that Sister-child wasn't suffering from RSV or psneumonia.
From within:I have been so thankful for my family lately. Our household has been filled with love and goodness. I had worried that by adding a second child into the mix that it would take a toll on our marriage, and my relationship with Elle, etc, etc, but in fact we have all only grown closer, and Amelia brings so much joy. She's such a happy baby, and looks on me with such adoring eyes that I have ever seen. Precious. we have really worked ourselves into a good groove and Life is Good.


Picture of the week




No comments: