It is never a good idea to call a wild creature of any kind "yours". However, we have recently been befriended by a Broadhead Skink. We've had Skinks here at our Red River home every Spring. But this one is the biggest I've seen.May is mating season He is likely a male because of his coloring and the orange is represenitive of mating season. I think he looks pretty spiffy. Don't you?Typically a skink will retreat if approached or startled. However, this little fellow seeks companionship. 

He seems interested in our life inside just as much as we are of his life on the outside. He has been spotted trying to make friends with Jim Cat and just the other day as the girls and I sat inside the screen door trying to come up with a name for our slimy friend we heard a tiny scratching at door. Who did we see peering in at us? But out Skink who is still at the moment nameless.
From all the research I have found there is no harm to be had by our Skink. Which is good because it its inevitable that there will be a day that he will find his way inside and 'whoa be to him if it is me who comes upon him.' Until that day, enjoy the updates of our Skink.




No comments:
Post a Comment