June 20, 2008

Jim, my cat

Jim, my cat reminded me this morning as I sat here at my computer that I needed to start sharing him with my readers. You see Jim, my cat hasn't been getting a lot of attention this past year since Elle-girl has been born. (If you haven't noticed by now I like to clearly name the ones I love most with a hyphen, Elle-girl, Jim-Cat, David-Man, just so there's no confusion) Jim-cat has taken to playing with Omar/Lucas (He doesn't have a hyphened name yet, for we love him with pity and concern and not quite the family kind of love just yet) Omar/Lucas is the stray cat we share with our neighbor.
You see Jim-cat has always been an inside cat. We rescued him from the streets when he was a young pre-adolescent. He has always been content with his plight as an indoor cat even though he secretly wishes he could catch birds. In his mind he thinks he's fit enough, young enough and fast enough to accomplish that task, and we lie and tell him he could if only he was an outdoor cat.

So since he is indeed indoor, up until recently he has never seen another cat. So he has found Omar Lucas fascinating! His way of playing with Omar Lucas is running full speed at our screen door and smacking it with his paws. At times he will roll around in front of the door enticing Omar Lucas to play. But Omar Lucas just sits there , devoted, pressing his nose against the glass. Ever hopeful, ever calm. While my cat runs-a-muck making a fool of himself on the other side of the door. Here is a recent conversation I overhead between Jim-cat,and Elle-girl , over Omar Lucas





Jim-cat: "Oh look Elle-girl, its the stray Omar Lucas."







Elle-girl: "Let's let him in! Mommy, doesn't mind."














Jim-cat: "Elle-girl, I am all the cat you will ever need!"








And that is how it goes around out house most days with Jim-Cat, Elle-girl, and Omar Lucas

No comments: