June 20, 2008

Jim's story


I was just a babe when my our mother left us.Myself and my two siblings ran the streets of the big city. One night we came across a group of twenty somethings loitering outside a home. I went straight for the girl she looked gullible, er, I mean kind enough. I sucked my gut in high and hoped for the best.


It worked! It actually worked! They picked me up, checked me out, and then did something I wasn't expecting, they carried me to their car. "Wait!" I tried yelling "Don't forget the others!" But they didn't understand me. I realized then and there that I was safe, I was home, I was going to be fed!


From that day on I was a country cat. My new home was a one room log cabin, wooden floors, wooden walls, a.k.a one big scratching post! It was heaven. At times the girl would try to entice me to come sit on the porch with her. I saw this as a trick to return me to the streets, so I made a vow early on to never leave the safety of the indoors.


Shortly after my first year with them, I moved again. This time from my front door I could see what the boy called 'trees'! And what they called these colorful flying objects 'birds'!


One day a bird flew in from outside. A strange feeling came over me,a deep, guttural, primal urge and I jumped, I jumped high and I caught this bird thing! Just then as soon as it came over me, it left, and I was standing there with this object in my mouth.


"What do I do!" I looked at the girl.

"What are you doing!?" She yelled at me.

"I DON'T KNOW!!!" I tried to reply


So I dropped it. It did a few laps around the living room before the girl shooed it out of the house with a broom. It has been my life ambition ever since to catch a bird.



June 2007 my whole world changed. My Pets went away for a few days and they returned with what they had been warning me about for 9mths straight...the baby.I had my suspicions all along that something was wrong with The Girl. Her stomach was really swelling. Every night I would jump in her lap and press my paws to her stomach to see if I could figure out the problem. I never guessed it to be a baby!


Once she came along it was no more sleeping with my pets, I had to remind them to feed me, change my liter box, etc, it was as if they were zombies or something.



Now from what I have read the baby is about to be a toddler. She's upright and fast. Not to mention she has found my safe place, my refuge, under the sofa, and she knows how to find me.



My food is now in the bathroom, and I have to scratch on the door like a dog whenever I want to go in and eat.



But the baby is ok. They keep telling me that soon she will be able to play with me and chase me around. Until then I'm going to keep doing what I do best, getting into mischief and blaming it on the baby!



Yours faithfully,


Jim Cat

No comments: