June 20, 2008

Omar Lucas' story




Yeah, ok, so my name is Denzel, actually its Franklin, ok, ok, its Omar, Omar Lucas.
And I met these Park people on a cold January morning.
Ok, ok, so it wasn't cold, but I tricked 'em into thinkin' it was freezin' out so they would feed me.
Each mornin' for several months I would show up at their door.tuck my paws underneath me, squint my eyes and look real pitiful. Some mornings I did such a good job of it. The Lady would set out a heatin' pad for me and give me warm cream! These people have a cat that they keep in doors! Can you believe that!? At least I think its a cat, its more the size of a raccoon, and looks about as dumb as one. They're good peeps though, they even gave me my name...Omar.
Yeah, I had a good thing. A real good thing goin'.
Until! One afternoon I was on my way over to the Park people's house and I over heard The Lady talkin' to her neighbor next door.

"Do you ever see a little black cat hanging around over here?" She says
"Yeah, we feed him, my kids call him Lucas." The neighbor says.
"Really!? We feed him too. We call him Omar." The Lady says.

And from that day on I was no longer fed.

You see the Park people thought the neighbors were feeding me, The Neighbors thought The Park People were feeding me so no one fed the cat! I had practically wasted away to nuthin' when I had a slight altercation with a wild beast in the woods. I drug myself to The Park people's home. I figured they're Park people they'll know what to do. I was right. They cleaned my wounds, tucked my 'boys' back in for me (Oh, was that too much info?) and put this cream on me to help my cut heal. Wouldn't ya know it? After that they started feeding me again! Everyone started feeding me again! It was a miracle!

Shhhh! Don't tell them this...but I'm already planning my next scheme. I hear there's an older woman up on the hill that cooks breakfast for a former stray that now has the run of the place. Now, that's the life!

I'll see ya around!

Omar Lucas

1 comment:

Skip said...

Omar has found that acting runs in the "Park People" family, and he kinda likes it!.