June 17, 2008

Visit your local butcher

I made the personal decision not to long ago to stop going to large un-named Super stores that promise to save you money so that you can live better, all the while serving you another agenda. So I began supporting smaller groceries, local business,post offices and banks. I also use our local butcher when I can.

When I can't make it to our local butcher I seek out low prices at our grocery store of choice, Kroger. We use a lot of hamburger meat. Its something that can served up quick or added to casserole to make it more filling. While at the meat counter I look for something called Manager's Special. This hamburger meat is still good but will have to be pulled off the shelves in the next day or two, so they mark it waaay down! I found good meat marked as low as 1.85 !

I take it home, take it out of its pkg, rinse it and store it in my freezer to be used within the week.
I will say to always be wise, inspect your meat, ask your butcher questions, and do freeze it until you're ready to use it.

And Support your Local Businesses!!!

No comments: