August 8, 2008

Update and review

On this antique desk that I sit at everyday and write to you all I have an 8x10 bronze frame that we keep an updated studio picture of Elle-girl in. The most current one is of her sitting on a block with a 1 on it, symbolic of her first year.
I realized this week how I have lagged behind in updating my baby book for Elle-girl. The days go by so quickly, and I'm beginning to realize they will only go by faster. She does something new, funny, or different everyday that its hard to keep up and I do most of my recording on here. So I got the baby book out and started to sum up this child we affectionately call Elle-girl.
I do not typically post pictures here on such an open forum of our daughter but I will briefly share some of my most recent favorites.


Elle-girl
13mths
Lover of :
Nature, and anything furry. Stars (which she calls 'Steez'),a good book, music she can dance to, Sam Campbell on air guitar, shoes, dress up, Sunglasses everywhere she goes, even while getting groceries. Yo baby yogurt, Yo Gabba Gabba, rubber ducks, or any duck of any kind. And all things Red including a little Muppet named Elmo.

Her personality is that of:
One who enjoys solitude. Independent. She often goes in her room and shuts the door behind her. When curiosity and worry gets the best of me and I peek in to check on her I am most likely to find her by the rocking chair looking at her books or squeezed in a basket with Elmo looking at a book together.
She is a busy child.She is a cautious child. One who seems to examine the risks and then avoids them.
She is not a people person. She is polite but doesn't do well with someone in her personal space and will tell you so with a brush of her hand and an "Aw-Duh" (all done) Even her most favorite people she tends to keep at a safe distance never openly affectionate with them other than giving a big smile and shrill of joy, which is her way of saying "You're the best!" But will often surprise you by jumping in front of a large crowd and start to dance.
She saves her hugs and selective kisses for Mommy and Daddy which is just fine with us. She is quite clingy to Momma (which she has yet to say,her sign for me is a pat on her chest)often needing me the most at night for nursing and to cuddle, especially after a busy day.

Behavior:
She is obedient for the most part. Responds well to a simple "Stop." and is easily distracted. Unless curiosity gets the best of her then its hard to change her mind. Funny little quirks of hers are when she doesn't like something we have told her she blows a raspberry at us, "Pbbbtthh", and since we have often told her she can't hit mommy or daddy, when she is angry she hits herself on the head. How's that for passive aggressive?In a group of children she often brings toys to other children, even playing along side of them enjoying their company. If one should hit her or take a toy from her she blows it off and finds something else to go do.

Problem Solving:
This is still a new observation, but the other night she was faced with a dilemma of a toy stuck in an abacus. I thought 'Let's see whose problem solving skills she's inherited mine or David's.' After looking at the tangled mess for awhile, shaking it, pulling on it, then turning it upside down, she sighed and walked away. That would be me.



My current pick for future profession?
Broadway Diva. No autographs, no paparazzi, no pictures please!



Elle-girl, our bundle of joy, energy, and big personality. Our love.












2 comments:

Skip said...

That is the Elle-girl that I know as well. I'm glad that I wasn't too far off. :-)

Sara said...

She's adorable. What a sweet update on her. Isn't it hard to keep up with baby books - time just flies by!?