September 15, 2008

Zombies ate my library card!

So here's my theory:
In 2003 a young College Sophomore new to Clarksville visited the county library and applied for a library card.
Very responsible of her.
Then this young lady wandered over to the Audio section and picked out a Classic Zombie movie.
Very unlike her.
She probably was still love struck silly by her new boyfriend David (now her husband) and thought this would be a movie that they would enjoy together.
Very thoughtful of her.
After a busy weekend and getting back to the craziness of college life this young lady forgot to drop off the Zombie movie back to the library.
Very Irresponsible of her...
Now flash forward 5 years!
This young woman now a stay at home wife and mother, takes her toddler to the circulation desk at the library to get her, her first library card.
She hands over her license that just so happens still has her former address on it and the librarian replies,
"There is a hold on your account. $46.00 please or your daughter can not get her card."
"What? I've never even had a library card here!"
"Was your maiden name Belew?"
"Yes."
"In 2003 you checked out this movie about Zombies."
"Oh."
"46.00 please. Or the book."
I couldn't believe it! I couldn't believe I checked out a Zombie movie, and I couldn't believe I was about to pay 46.00 for it!
We have been going to the library a lot and will begin to go even more as Elle-Girl gets older, and how could I possibly let a mistake I made 5 YEARS AGO prevent her from the opportunity of viewing any book she could desire?
I'll just have to be sure to keep her away from anything to do with Zombies!

No comments: