March 27, 2009

An evening at the Spa

As a special treat I got to go this evening to a real Salon and have my hair done. It was long over due for a cut and my darling husband suggested I try out this popular trendy salon in town. I took him up on that offer and had a really nice time!

This Salon does everything from hair to nails to facials and massages. I'm not picky about my hair and enjoy being a bit adventurous with it. I would totally leave my hair in the hands of artsy stylist Nick Arrojo. I believe if you know that a Salon is great with hair and that they expect a certain level of professionalism from their stylist, then you shouldn't be disappointed! So with that being said I made a last minuet appointment with someone I had never heard a referral from, at a Salon I had never been to!

When I arrived I was greeted at the door and escorted back to the "Garden room" where soft music was playing and I sipped on a glass of sweet tea while looking out on a garden fountain. I wasn't there long before I was greeted by Jenya who would be cutting my hair. Jenya is from Russia and though she did have a strong accent, her English was top notch! Which was reassuring.
She was the most plain stylist there. Her natural dark brown hair was pinned up in a messy pony tail and she wore very little make up, if any at all. I liked that about her, because I am a little intimidated by those sassy Southern Dames with blonde streaked choppy bob cuts, with a southern accent as thick as their makeup. Plus she was totally rocking a sweater dress with black tights and clunky boots! Just my style!
After taking a close observation of my face shape and part in my hair she pulled out a few magazines and flipped to photos of Katie Holmes. We looked at several different choices then she got to work.
She took me over to the sinks where she rubbed peppermint oil through my hair and gave me a deep scalp and neck massage. Lovely!
Then she washed, shampooed and conditioned my hair before beginning the cut.
The whole treatment lasted a little over an hour which was just right.
Afterwards she walked me back out to the front lobby, where I did not hesitate to make another appointment with her in 8weeks.
Here are some after pictures:







































No comments: