About a month ago I posted how we were going to try to start potty training Elle because of her interest in her....output, we'll call it. Shortly after we started I noticed some anxiety going on with her, lack of eating, nightmares, clingyness, so I backed off, only asking occasionally and talking about it with her more.
This morning she took off her pull up and didn't want to put it back on, so I explained that if she wasn't going to wear her pull up that she could wear her big girl panties instead, but she could not pee pee in them.
After her going through 3 pairs of panties this morning, I was about to give up. It was so nice this morning I wanted to take her on a nature walk. So I put a pull up over her dry panties and we went on the walk.While passing a bubbling creek Elle, mentioned something about Pee-pee. Can't say I blame her because that's what I was thinking to. So we headed back to the house.
She was still dry! Whoo-Hooo!
So she sat on the potty....nothing.
About 5min. later, she was so showing all the signs so she sat on the potty again...nothing.
Being that it was almost lunch and I knew she had to go soon, I put her back in her pull up and was in the kitchen getting lunch ready when who should appear in the kitchen naked as a blue jay and all smiles?
Elle!
There was some confusion about where her pull up was and something about "pee-pee". After finding her dry pull up and asking if she had to go Pee-pee, she said "Nooooo." Then took my hand to show me a small corner of the room, where...she had pee peed. She was quite proud of herself because she had after all not peed in her pull -up like I had asked of her.
*Sigh*
6 months ago


1 comment:
hey, a dry pull up is progress!
Post a Comment