June 11, 2009

Lost a pound, gained two weeks, and are one step closer to deciding on a name. For real this time!

So it looks as if the countdown is closer than mentioned last week. I had my Dr.'s appointment today and my blood pressure was great as always, and when I stepped on the scale I had actually lost a pound, which the nurse assured was normal, which puts me at gaining less than 30 lbs thus far in the pregnancy. Which still amazes me because this baby feels so heavy to carry around.
Once in the examining room and talking to my Dr. he looked at "his chart" and said, "This says you are at 31 weeks"
"Yeah, about that," I said "At the beginning you had said based on my conception date I would be due closer to August 6th, but after the ultrasound you put me back a week, would you mind measuring me again to see if it has changed?"
After measuring me he agreed that I was closer to 33 weeks than 31 and my due date can be the last week in July to first week in August. Here are two pictures of one baby at 31 weeks along
I see a bit of a difference in these two photos, don't you?
33 weeks
Please do no think I was telling this man how to do his job, or even rushing things along. I am not. I think the longer the baby can stay "in" the better for the baby. However, I believe he's still thinking another c-section may be best for me, and I was just concerned that if we waited until August 12th, that it would be too late for that. He assured me that by July 31st the baby would be 39 weeks and its lungs would be developed by then. Which is really the bottom line. So that leaves the countdown at about 7 weeks! Amazing!
Now about baby names. On the drive back from Nashville this morning David and I talked about the names Phoebe and Johanna. Both names I liked but the problem was, I liked both of them equally but not sure I liked either enough for the baby name, I just didn't feel connected to either one. So we decided to throw out both of those names, and I think we have decided on a new to you name that we have tossed around before in the past but are bringing back. I think tonight when David comes home from class I will tell him that I like the name, and I am firm on this name, then I will let all of you know the name. Dont cha love how I'm making you wait?
So that's the latest weekly update~!~

1 comment:

The Chapman Family said...

Savanna Zoe's middle name is the original greek of Johanna - Ioanna, we really liked the namesake and meaning, but weren't completely crazy about the name.