Yes, two more weeks!
Dear readers, I was so sure last week was going to be IT! I have been in quite a bit of pain and very, very uncomfortable. I thought there was no way I could make it 3 more weeks, and was on the verge of tears Monday when my Dr. said "No way am I scheduling anything earlier than 39 weeks. Under any other circumstance I wouldn't want it to be any earlier, and instead do as my Granny used to say and let the apple drop from the tree when it was ready, however, what I was feeling was pretty terrible, and I really wanted it to stop and be over with.
Turns out what I was feeling was a Urinary Tract Infection. With a prescription in hand and a bumped back delivery date of August 3rd (apparently July 31st wasn't available?) I left the hospital feeling so discouraged.
After going home and starting the antibiotics, by the next morning, I felt TONS better! And by today, I feel ready to face these last couple of weeks with a smile!
I even took Elle-Girl to a movie this morning. Which was the first time we had been out since 4th of July weekend.
The above pretty much sums up this past week.
I have managed to put away Amelia's clothes in her dresser, and wash the covers for the car seat, and bouncy seat etc. Elle has been such a helper in all this. She has taken great responsibility in helping me clean the car seat and toys, etc. She has helped put away baby clothes and has loved placing her babies in all the baby equipment and just being motherly in general.
She has even taken to playing and talking to Amelia. At night while I am resting on the couch she comes up and kisses and tickles my belly. Last night she was bringing toys to the baby (she thought of this on her own) and laying them on my stomach. It wasn't long before baby sister began to move and kick, tossing the toys onto the floor. Elle would laugh and squeal over and over at the sight of baby 'Meyah" playing with her.
Not much longer.
6 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment