I'm down to the last week of this pregnancy and the anticipation is building!
This time next week we will be on the verge of the last weekend of a family of three.
Everything is done. Everything is ready. Everything smells of Dreft and lavender fabric softener. (Which really contradicts each other, why be careful to wash something in Dreft, then soak it in a highly perfumed fabric softener?)
I have felt great! Typically I wear down in the afternoon. And just this week my feet have began to swell if I am on them for too long. And by too long I mean longer than 10min. at a time.
I am beginning to see t.v shows that will premiere by August 3rd and buying groceries that have a longer shelf life than this pregnancy.
Still no progress after being checked this past week at my Doctors appt. However, I nearly fell off the table when the nurse told me I was measuring 34 weeks!
"No!" I exclaimed, "I'm farther along than that. You can't move me back any more!"
She then explained that since the baby has dropped further down I am measuring smaller now.
What a relief! I've felt that this Dr.'s office really loves to keep me pregnant for as long as they can with all the moving back they've done of my due date.
And to prove that its never a bad idea to keep this bun in the oven as long as possible, I some how managed to gain 3 more lbs in one week! I'd like to think though its all those gallons of water I drank the previous week with the UTI.
The plan is go something like this, on August 3rd i will arrive at the hospital at 2pm. They will prep me for the c-section and our Doctor will arrive at 4pm. He will begin around 4:30, and we will have our little girl by 5pm.
Sounds very strange doesn't it? It does to me, however I have dealt with having to have this scheduled c-section like this for sometime now, and I am now at a peace about it. I have let other peoples comments fall off my back, and taken a stand in that this could be what is best for my baby and my body at this time. A baby is just as born and just as loved no matter how it enters the world, and despite what some "Sanctimommy's" say, you bond just as quickly, just as deeply and just as well with your child after a c-section as you can if its flopped screaming on your belly after a long drug free labor. I have the proof every morning when Elle-Girl works her way into our room and under the covers to snuggle with us. Not to mention the 18mths I spent successfully breastfeeding her.
This final week will be spent mostly offline and within the company of Elle-Girl, reading books, working puzzles, and watching The Wizard of Oz a few more times. Because really, who knows, "Doratee" might not make it back to Auntie Em next time!
This weekend David and I are going on our last date night out for awhile. It looks like it will be a relaxing afternoon at Barnes and Noble and the new Johnny Depp film Public Enemies. We are so very thankful to our friends Mark and Allison who offered to keep our girl for us while we go do this. They offered the whole day, but I didn't want to wish nap time on anyone if it wasn't necessary.
So readers, the next post from me will be the news of the arrival of Amelia Sloane.
Stay tuned!
6 months ago


1 comment:
Can't wait for that annouincement!
Post a Comment