As you can see, today is not August 3rd, and we have yet to announce the birth of Amelia Sloane. Everything is fine and healthy and normal. They had to reschedule the date of our c-section for 5pm today due to the account of that I drank water during the 8 hour "fast" before surgery. Had I known that no food for 8hrs also meant no liquids either, I wouldn't have tried to keep myself hydrated so that my fingers and ankles wouldn't swell.
It happened something like this. I had a couple of glasses of water during the day yesterday. On the way to hospital, we stopped and I got something to drink then. We arrived in plenty of time, were greeted by many well-wishers along the way, and then waited for almost an hour for a room to open. No big deal, we were excited and didn't really care at that moment. So about 3:15 the anticipation was mounting, it was to be about an hour and we were to meet sweet Amelia! They showed us the very nice recovery room, and I was looking forward to slipping into the large gown, and getting the show on the road! I was given an adorable nurse whose cheery disposition made me feel welcome and all the more happy to be there. She was giving last minuet instructions, and said "Oh, and when was the last time you had food or anything to drink?"
"I last ate at 7:45 am and just had something to drink 15min. ago. "
Disappointment. This kind nurse quickly went back to the nurses station to see if there was anything they could do. They even thought we could maybe reschedule for later that evening. They called my Dr. who was not available for a 7pm c-section. Thus, we were sent home.
We were crushed. However, now Amelia will have an interesting birth story about the day she was almost born.
This morning in an attempt to lift my spirits and put a cheery outlook on the day, here are some famous people that she will share her special day with:
1821 Louis Vuitton
1901 Louis Armstrong
1955 Billy Bob Thornton
1961 Barack Obama
1968 Daniel Dae Kim
1971 Jeff Gordon
Interesting things in History on this day:
1693 date traditionally given to Dom Perignon's invention of Champagne
1944 Anne Frank's family is discovered by Gestapo.
1958 Billboard Hot 100 started
Stay tuned!
6 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment