October 22, 2009

Belated Homekeepers Journal post


What I'm reading:  Redefinning Beautiful by Jenna Lucado. Its a book I'm reviewing for Thomas Nelson publishing. Its an encouraging journal type book for young girls and teenage girls to find self worth within.
With our marriage: Lately we have somehow found time to watch a few movies at night after the girls have gone to bed. One of the ones I especially liked was a film called 'Sunshine Cleaning'. It has the actress Amy Adams ( I think) in it. She is the lead female in the t.v series The Office. It was interesting to see her in a film role, and she was very, refreshing. I highly reccomend the movie for a date night in with your husband. Its a warm, but slightly dark story about family and relationships.
With the Children: Baby sis had her 2mth Dr's check up yesterday. We will be following the same vaccine schedule that we followed with Elle-Girl. I'm thankful we are because she isn't taking to them too well. She's been very fussy and hard to console since yesterday. I can't help but think how uncomfortable she would've been had she had to get all the "typical" shots that are given. But she's a healthy girl weighing in at almost 14lbs and in the 90% in all areas of growth.
In other news, Elle-Girl has had several opportunities to play at some near by playgrounds, at which she has decided that going down the slides, suits her liking, so she has enjoyed going down as many as she can find!
Around the house: Brrrrr! Its been cold. We've been bundled up in comfy sweaters and long johns, snuggling under blankets and quilts this past week. We've had some cool fall weather set in here along with rain. But I can't complain because its brought about some brilliant fall leaf colors!
From within: There is an event I will be partcipating in next weekend where I will portray a towns person in the time of the 1860's who was witness to a murder. I'm excited to do a bit of acting again as well as re-tell a true event that happened near our Red River home. I wrote out my monologue this morning and will begin saying it over and over again until I get it down good. I hope my memory recalling skills are still as sharp as they used to be.
Picture of the week


4 comments:

Jessica said...

Love the updates. Only confusion...Amy Adams is not in The Office. I've not seen the Sunshine Cleaning movie, but I've seen the ad & I'm certain she's not in The Office ("Pam" is Jenna Fischer). Great pic, beautiful family!

Me said...

Not the same girl? My bad. Still good movie though

Jessica said...

haha, awesome! glad for a good movie review. we don't go to theaters these days, so we just rent occasionally (typically when we get free redbox dvds). we're thinking of joining netflix, everyone using it has only positive things to say. i'll be keeping your recent selection in mind!

Me said...

We did Netflix and thought we lost a movie, and had it for almost a year before returning it, never a late fee!