January 14, 2010

Homekeepers journal 01/14/10



Around the house: Just about to get back into the swing of things. Decorations are down, House is picked up, laundry almost caught up, time to settle in and get started on 2010.
With our marriage: We have gotten in plenty of time together as David is starting back to school and work this week after being off since before Christmas. We have also been doing a bit of day dreaming and planning as he applies to Graduate schools. David just got back from San Diego, Ca. over the weekend where he presented a paper on his research of idenity and loyalty on the frontier in the 1700's at the Phi Theta Alpha conference. The panal there was impressed with his presentation and research and I too am so proud of all his hard work.
With the children: Elle's imagination is really blossoming and with that also comes bad dreams, so I have spent some time helping her through this and giving her the words to speak out against her fears as well as taught her that God is bigger than monsters and shadows, then we added a Martial Arts "HI-YAY" punch at the monsters just for good measure. Baby sis is now sitting up on her own at only 5mths! I expect she will continue to reach her physical milestones quickly, as she is just itching to get in the floor and play with her big sister.
From within: ready to get back to routine and getting on a schedule. I function better that way and my mind is more clear as well as creative when I can achieve order and routine.

No comments: