I've had mothers write me and ask how to implement a daily schedule with their toddler, I've had people ask what we do all day, I've even had the comment "You're at home all day, you probably have time for _(insert task)____." So I now that the holidays and traveling is over I am excited to get back to a schedule again. We had one that was working great before Baby sis was born, then it got modified to accomadate her, then around Thanksgiving it got thrown out the window and we were on "holiday time". Now David is back in school, and Amelia is a little more independant so back to routine.
I worked as a Preschool teacher for several years and so once I made the switch to being at home I found I worked best on that schedule. Not to mention children thrive on one. I found I got more done, Elle-Girl loved it, and I even smelled nicer too. So below you will find the schedule we will be following. Feel free to take what you want from it and plug it in in your home as well. I will follow this as strictly as I can for about 2 weeks before tweaking it, or starting from scratch.
AM
7:00: wake up
shower/get dressed
check e-mail
8:00: wake up girls
breakfast
run laundry
clean up from breakfast
Dress girls
9:00: Baby, nap
work out
9:30: Rug time with Ell-Girl
Table time/Art/workbook etc.
Snack
10:00: Play time/nature walk/ go outside
10:30: Run laundry
clean up toys to get ready for lunch
11:00: Prepare lunch
eat
clean off dishes
12:00-2pm Elle-Girl naps
Amelia naps
clean
check e-mail
run laundry
2:00: Elle-girl up
snack
bible story
4:00 : Amelia naps
clean up
check e-mail
prepare for David coming home
6:30 :bathtime for girls
7:00: pajamas for girls
8:00: bedtime for the baby
Elle-Girl starts bedtime routine
8:30: Ell-Girl in bed
Let me add that for our rug time this month (January) we are talking about the color green and the square shape, our bible story will be Daniel and the Lions Den since Elle-Girl has been dealing with Monsters and being scared of things.
Well, its 8am, time to wake up the girls. E-mail me or comment if you have any questions.
6 months ago


2 comments:
Nice! Kyleigh used to sleep 'til 8am, but now we have Josiah, who's our resident morning person and wakes everyone early. Doesn't matter if he has no nap one day and goes to bed later than usual, he's still faithful to rise w/ the sun the next morning. We've tried shorter naps, longer naps, earlier bedtime, later bedtime...nothing deters him from his joy of the early morning sun! Kyleigh's like Chris & me--loves sleep and she'll rest and snuggle quietly in her blankets w/ her stuffed animal if nobody else is ready to wake yet. Since Chris works outside the home and has a set morning routine, he deals w/ the kids' breakfast and I stay in bed a bit since I take care of them the rest of the day...especially now that I'm prego and exhausted from manufacturing a human! I hope that one day our son will learn the joy of sleeping later, that would put us back onto a schedule I like!
Elenore is always up between7:30-8am I think she's been on that schedule since the beginning. I sorta think Amelia has begun to get her days and nights backward b/c she's been waking briefly throughout the night, then going into deep sleep from 6-10am, so mostly this routine is to regulate her sleeping pattern. (keeping fingers crossed)
Post a Comment