September 22, 2010

Autumn hand print leaf

Even though its 90 degrees today here at our Red River Home , today marks the official first day of Fall! So I gathered my girls together at our craft table to create a festive hand print wreath.

  • First I started with a pre cut circle out of brown paper

  • Next, we talked about what colors we see the leaves change too during the Fall months. Some of the colors that were chosen were green, yellow, orange and red. (my favorite)

  • After covering their clothes with a paint smock they chose what color they wanted their "leaves" to be.  I painted their hands one at a time and pressed them firmly down on yellow construction paper creating the hand print.

  • Take care to wipe their hands clean between each paint color otherwise the colors will mix together on the paper.

  • When each girl had a turn we set the paper up to dry while we went on a Nature Walk to collect real fall leaves.

  • When the paint had dried I cut out the hand prints and glued them onto the circle in a clockwise pattern.

  • At last I wrapped colorful fall ribbon around the top and displayed the wreath in my kitchen window.

Happy Fall !!!

No comments: