Now that we have squeezed every bit of summer there is to squeeze out of the hot humid months it is now time to settle back into routine. I can tell that Elle-Girl has been missing a schedule by the acting out, due to boredom and lack of direction, the restless nights due to an unorganized day and of course the asking for "Rug time peeze Mommy." Is always a good indicator that its time to get back at it.
This week also kicks off the fall consignment sale that I participate in twice a year. So with the bright colors of summer out and the warm, muted colors of Fall in, we start our school year.
I was so pleased with the Mother Goose Time curriculum last Spring that we went ahead with the Pre-School addition for this Fall. We are going to finish up our bible study on the Fruits of the Spirit then jump right into our September study with an infant/toddler additional activities included in the curriculum so Sister-Child can get in on the fun! Typically in the fall, I let one study bleed into another being that September, October and November are predominantly all one Season. Then I switch gears in December and we focus on Baby Jesus and the meaning of Christmas.
E-mail me for an example of the schedule we will be following pretty closely over the next few months. I find that I breath easier and get A-LOT accomplished when I put myself on a schedule as well. I have tried tweaking this a few times but I keep coming back to the same structure time and time again. It just works for us.
Something a bit new I will be adding this term is "Special days". Its really things we've been doing all along but I will make it a bit more expected for the girls by doing it at the same time every week.
I'm pretty excited about our field trip days. Now that sister-child is a bit older and only on one nap a day (awesome!) I look forward to being able to travel to different events with the girls. Looking like the start of something good!!!
6 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment