In our marriage: David is finishing up a semester, writting papers, and studying for exams. He is also preparing to play for a c.d release party this weekend for a c.d that he played electric guitar on. I am so proud of his accomplishments and how hard he works for our family.We have began thinking about where we see ourselves and our family once he graduates from school.
With the Children:Friday night we took the family to their first bonfire. Davi's family was camping out near by so we joined then for dinner! I love to ask elle Girl after events what her favorite part was because it is there that memories are set. here are some highlights from the night:
"I eat marshmoos"
"I see see fire, HOT!"
"I see Nu-Nu" ( her youngest Aunt)
"Deer! EEEEEYES!" (We saw deer at the edge of the field where they were camping)
It seems these days that Amelia is either preparing to go to the Dr. or is just returning. That's the nature of spreading out vaccines. You get to know your pediatrician very well! But I am thankful its only for that and not for sickness. Baby sis is very healthy and almost topping out at 15 lbs!
Around the house: This week we, the girls and I are preparing to head to the mountains of Pigeon Forge, Tn. We will be meeting up along with my immediant family,with my mom's sister and her family to celebrate an early Thanksgiving meal! So lots of list making, clothes washing and packing has been going on in preperation for this event.
From within: I accepted a challenge, along with other women in my Sunday School class at church to become more mindful about my attitude and how much I complain or be negative about the situations around me. So in order to be aware of what we say, we are wearing fun little jelly bracelets on our wrists that we must switch to the other wrist any time we complain or nag. I think as women we dont see how often our words affect others or even our own attitudes. A bracelet serves as that physical reminder to ourselves of the change we want to happen.
picture of the week




No comments:
Post a Comment